Join Our Team
Hello, fellow traveller! Here at Imagina we don’t just give innovation lip service; we breathe it every day. Being a start-up, we are unburdened by all the bureaucracy and politics inherent within larger companies. By being technology first, our team are everyday heroes involved in building cutting edge solutions that matter. If you’re a fellow professional and you enjoy solving problems, work with us because we believe developers are rock stars and creative people are the life blood of this company. We believe in people, trust and teamwork, not hierarchies. Most importantly, we believe that work should be fun and people should be driven by their passions.
If you like what you’ve seen and would consider joining us on our adventure, please have a look below at our currently open positions. Moreover, we are a highly dynamic company with ample opportunities for growth. As such, if you have something to contribute to our mission outside of these set positions, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us an email on email@example.com
System / DevOps Engineer
A fellow problem solver who loves to make cool stuff work – someone with a passion for technology who keeps up to date and tries out new things. A system engineer by profession, you’d enjoy a role which involves architecting, evaluating and implementing software and hardware solutions which deliver our products to clients worldwide. The thought of system downtime is personally offensive to you, and would like to make it your mission to keep our players happy (and the system purring). You are familiar with installing and managing servers, yet feel confident dealing with cloud based solutions. You think in terms of processes, automate whatever needs to be done twice, and is familiar with defining, documenting and maintaining complex application and infrastructure setups. Most importantly, you are excited about going on the adventure of a start-up, and recognise both its challenges and opportunities that it brings to the table.
Your skillset may include…
- Experience in dealing with scalable, resilient and performance intensive systems, including the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve technical issues as they arise. Extra brownie points should you have operational experience with services running on the JVM.
- Optimising such setups at an infrastructural and operating system level. This includes a solid grasp of networking, load balancers and security in a data centre environment.
- The ability to speak bash fluently, and proudly call yourself a Linux pro.
- Knowledge of Docker and container technologies, including Kubernetes and/or Docker Swarm. Extra brownie points if you have experience with Google Cloud’s compute and/or container engines.
- Relational database operation, including performance optimisation, incremental backups, clustering, and replication. Extra brownie points if experienced with PostgreSQL. Double extra brownie points if experienced with Cassandra/Kafka/Zookeeper.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment setups, and is willing to embrace a DevOps mentality to get stuff done. Experience in Git, Jenkins and/or Maven would be cool.
- Experience with setting up monitoring of our live operation, including solutions such as Data Dog or New Relic. Such tools would be supplemented by your processes which ensure a timely response to any incident.
Needless to say, if you partially recognise yourself in the above points, and are willing to apply yourself to learn and endorse the rest, speak to us! We’re more than happy to provide an environment where we grow together.
Sounds appealing? Drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org